MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on honorable service with the U. S. Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines or Coast Guard) between:
|April 6, 1917||November 11, 1918||World War I|
|December 7, 1941||December 31, 1946||World War II|
|June 25, 1950||January 31, 1955||Korean War|
|February 28, 1961||May 7, 1975||Vietnam War|
|August 24, 1982||July 31, 1984||Lebanon/Grenada|
|December 20, 1989||January 31, 1990||Panama|
|August 2, 1990||Today||Gulf War|
**US Merchant Marine – December 7, 1941 thru August 15, 1945
You must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates above and honorably discharged or still serving honorably.
Eligible veterans (See Eligibility Page for criteria) applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
- A completed, signed American Legion Membership Application
- A copy of your DD214/Discharge
- First Year’s Membership Dues
Complete American Legion Membership application by clicking on the following link Membership Application and performing the following:
- Save file to your home computer.
- Open it; fill in the form
- Print two copies; sign one.
Make checks payable to: American Legion Post 580
Veterans applying for transfers from your current post to Post 580 must submit the following:
- Completed Membership Data Form, Please pickup at Post 580
- Copy of current membership card
- Current year’s membership dues, if not already paid to your current post. ($40)